The Bachelor of Science in Fire Science degree provides a solid foundation in the principles, theory and practices associated with today’s fire service professionals. There are two specializations available: Aviation Emergency Management and Fire and Emergency Services.
The Aviation Emergency Management specialty focuses on the fire, safety and emergency management skills and technical knowledge for future leaders of aviation fire and emergency services organizations.
The Fire and Emergency Services specialty focuses on the leadership and management skills and technical knowledge needed to lead the fire and emergency services organizations in the future.
This degree is appropriate for professionals already in the fire fighting, fire science, safety or emergency management fields. This program is offered at the Worldwide campus.
- Emergency Response/Management
- Fire Captain/Chief
- Fire Engineer
- Fire Investigator
- Fire Prevention/Code Inspector
- Hazardous Material Handling/Cleanup
- Safety/OSHA Specialist
- Companies affected by emergencies
- Emergency Management Organizations
- Federal/State Government
- Municipal/County Government
- Public Safety Organizations
Career Development Strategies/Skills
- Build on previous experience for advancement
- Understand government agency requirements for promotion
- Expand on knowledge needed to gain leadership roles